Experienced Criminal Defense Attorneys Working For You
If you have been arrested for a crime, whether it is a misdemeanor or a felony, you face serious problems. Your arrest does not mean you are guilty, but the police will say they had probable cause that allowed them to arrest you. Regardless of the level of the charge, you should take the allegations seriously.
Our criminal defense attorneys at France, Lint, & Associates P.C., have been defending clients against DUI, traffic violations and all types of misdemeanors and felonies for more than 50 years. Our experience matters when you want to protect your rights.
Even Misdemeanor Charges Carry Heavy Penalties
There are levels of misdemeanors and felonies. But, regardless of the charges, the penalties are serious. You should not face them alone.
The degrees and possible penalties are:
- First: Five years in jail and up to $10,000
- Second: Two years and up to $5,000
- Third: One year and up to $2,500
- First: 20 years in jail and up to $25,000.
- Second: 10 years and up to $25,000
- Third: Seven years and up to $15,000.
Our Experienced DUI Attorneys Will Defend You And Your License
If you were arrested, your blood alcohol concentration and DUI history will determine how you are charged. The law does allow treatment and rehabilitation options that could lessen the severity of your penalties.
The penalties increase if you have previous DUI arrests or if you refuse to take a breath or chemical test. Charges also increase if you are under age 21, are a commercial driver or school vehicle driver who was in an accident.
The levels of DUI charges and possible penalties are:
- General Impairment: BAC – .08 to .099 license suspension; a fine from $300 to $5,000; and from six months’ probation up to two years in prison
- High: BAC – .10 to .159 license suspension, a fine between $500 to $10,000; and up to five years in prison
- Highest: BAC – .16 and higher; license suspension; a fine between $2,500 to $10,000; and up to five years’ in prison
Know Your Rights And Get the Help You Need
No lawyer can guarantee that your charges will be dismissed or reduced. However, we will work to get you the best outcome possible. Did your arrest meet all legal requirements? If you are facing criminal charges in southwest Pennsylvania, email us or call 724-453-4160.